Over the past decades, we've heard several times that 'HF is dead.'
The reality is that it is far from it. Here is a reality check with data current as of September 2022 - all are waveforms still in actual use:
- There are 1,323 different ASK, MSK, GMSK, OOK and FSK waveforms;
- There are 354 different MFSK waveforms;
- There are 408 active Morse (CW) targets around the world;
- There are 868 different PSK (BPSK - 128QAM) target waveforms;
- There are 604 different mPSK (OFDM) target waveforms with 2-1036 tones;
- There are 151 VFT modems / variants;
- There are 200 speech encipherment systems;
- There are almost 300 different HF radars.
Waveforms designed for FPGAs in modern radios like mPSK (OFDM) and other wider xPSK waveforms are experiencing the most growth. VFT and FSK modems are in rapid decline / disuse.
If you need software that helps you produce current, complete, accurate intelligence from a company that stays abreast of telecommunications developments in ELF - SHF, look no further. Our Krypto COMINT / SIGINT suites contain the largest collection of complete decoders in the industry - and they are accompanies by the advanced tools, parsers, classification - and more - to help you produce more intelligence.
Contact us anytime.